These general conditions of use regulate the access to and use of the www.costaricagreenairways.com website (the “Website”), the content of which is exclusively informative in nature. The Website was created by Costa Rica Green Airways Ltda. , whose registered office is at the Domestic Terminal of the Juan Santamaria Airport in Alajuela, Costa Rica. User access and browsing on the Website implies implicit knowledge and acceptance of the following terms and conditions .
1. Terms and conditions
- 1.1. The contents, commercial activities, products and services included on the Website are not designed for or aimed at people who reside in jurisdictions where its contents are not duly authorized.
- 1.2. The Website only encompasses the pages served by www.costaricagreenairways.com at any given time. Access to and browsing on the Website is the sole responsibility of users in the terms provided for herein.
- 1.3. Consultation of any of the Website’s content does not in itself constitute any type of contractual relationship between Costa Rica Green Airways and the user.
2. User obligations
- 2.1. The user agrees to use the services and content of the Website in accordance with the Law, these General Conditions and the conditions specific to the services offered by Costa Rica Green Airways at any given time, and users must abstain from using them to:(I) Carry out illicit activities that may constitute a crime, contrary to good faith, morality and public order, or the uses and/or regulation that infringes on intellectual and industrial property, or any other applicable rule of the legal system.(II) Disseminate content of a nature that is racist, xenophobic, pornographic, justifying terrorism and/or violating human rights.(III) Introduce or spread in the network data programs (viruses and harmful software) which might cause damage to Costa Rica Green Airways computer systems, its suppliers or third party users of the internal network or this Website.(IV) Transfer their username and password to unauthorized third parties and any access to said information by an unauthorized user must be reported to Costa Rica Green Airways immediately. To this end, Costa Rica Green Airways reserves the right to change the username and password in order to protect its service.
(V) Make available to the other users, send by email or in any other way transmit any content which, in accordance with the applicable provisions or existing contractual relationships, the user is not authorized to transmit ( such as privileged information, information protected by intellectual or industrial property rights or information covered by obligations of confidentiality).
(VI) Spam or, generally, distribute advertisements which are neither wanted nor authorized, or spread publicity material, junk mail, chain e-mails, pyramid structures or any other form of information, except in areas of the Website specifically enabled for this purpose.
(VII) Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, re-sell or exploit for commercial purposes, totally or partially, the content of the Website.
- 2.2. Users who take out services via the Website certify to being of legal age in accordance with Costa Rica’s law. In the case of services taken out by minors, authorization from their parents or guardians is required so that the service can be received.
3. Modifying the information
Costa Rica Green Airways reserves the exclusive right to update, modify or delete any Website content, as well as the right to limit or restrict access thereto. Costa Rica Green Airways may exercise such rights at any moment without prior notice.
- 4.1. Costa Rica Green Airways promises to make every effort to avoid any errors in the content that may appear on the Website. In all cases, Costa Rica Green Airways shall be exempt from any liability deriving from possible errors in the content that may appear on the Website, except to the extent required by law.
- 4.2. Costa Rica Green Airways assumes no liability for any discrepancy that may exist between the printed version of documents and the electronic version of the same published on its Website, except in cases required by law. In the event of discrepancy between the printed version and the one published on the Website, the printed version shall prevail.
- 4.3. Costa Rica Green Airways shall not be held liable for content, commercial activities, products and services included that could be visualized by means of electronic connections (links), directly or indirectly, through this Website. The presence of links on the Website, unless otherwise expressly stated, is merely for information purposes and in no circumstances represents a suggestion, invitation or recommendation concerning them. These links do not represent any type of relationship between Costa Rica Green Airways and the individuals or companies that own the websites that are accessible through these links. Costa Rica Green Airways reserves the right to withdraw unilaterally and at any given time the links which appear on its Website.
5. Browsing, access and security
- 5.1. Costa Rica Green Airways makes every effort to ensure that browsing takes place in the best possible conditions.
- 5.2. This web site has been designed to support Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari. In this context, Costa Rica Green Airways shall not be held responsible for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of browsers or versions of browsers other than those that the Website has been designed for.
- 5.3. Costa Rica Green Airways neither assumes any responsibility nor guarantees that access to this Website be constant or that it be error-free. Nor does Costa Rica Green Airways assume any responsibility nor guarantee that the content or software accessible through the Website is error-free and cannot cause damage to the computer equipment through which the user gains access. Under no circumstances shall Costa Rica Green Airways be held liable for any loss, damage or prejudice of any kind that may arise through the use and browsing of the Website, including, but not limited to, damage caused to computer systems or those arising from the introduction of a virus. In particular, Costa Rica Green Airways is not responsible, in any way, for the interruptions, failures or defects of the telecommunications that may occur in the course of financial operations nor any damage or prejudice that may arise in such cases.
- 5.4. Costa Rica Green Airways shall not be held liable for any damage that could be caused to users through the inappropriate use of the Website.
- 5.5. The services offered on the Website can only be used correctly if the technical specifications for which it has been designed are fulfilled.
What personal data do we gather?
Through its forms, Costa Rica Green Airways gathers personal data that is necessary for the provision of its services or for performing electronic transactions, such as your name, surname, email address, home address, ID number or identity card number, credit card number, telephone number or billing details.
Costa Rica Green Airways also obtains information in relation to your browsing through the website or App, such as number of visits, log-in information, or location. Costa Rica Green Airways may also obtain information regarding emails, such as read receipts.
As regards the cookies used by Costa Rica Green Airways, you can find more information in our Cookies Policy.
Who do we share your data with?
As the party responsible for the generated files containing personal data provided by users, Costa Rica Green Airways hereby informs you that we may release data to third parties in those cases permitted by the applicable legislation, or to competent Authorities and Public Administrations as required.
Costa Rica Green Airways may also grant access to the aforementioned data to external service providers acting as data processor on behalf of Costa Rica Green Airways, who are not permitted to use the data for other purposes nor surrender the data to third parties.
Costa Rica Green Airways may also give third parties a portion of certain statistical data which, in no case, shall reveal the user’s identity.
How do we obtain your data?
Costa Rica Green Airways may gather users’ personal data during the ticket booking procedure through the Costa Rica Green Airways website (hereinafter the “Website”), Costa Rica Green Airways mobile application (hereinafter the “App”) or telephone, contracting products or services, while browsing its Website or using the App or social media, when opening a user or loyalty account, when subscribing to newsletters, when taking part in competitions, prize draws or similar, or through third parties who provide us with data such as travel agencies or tour operators.
What do we use your data for?
The user accepts that all personal data provided, including location data, can be incorporated into one or several automated file(s), owned by Costa Rica Green Airways, for the purpose of:
- booking a seat in order to provide air transport service.
- supplying and undertaking other contracted services, and provisions relating to customer services or direct sales.
- administering the user or loyalty account so that the user may manage his or her bookings in an easier and more personalized fashion; see destinations or previous searches, even from different devices (computer, tablet, mobile);
- facilitating the immigration and entry process.
- complying with requirements in relation to accounting, invoicing and auditing;
- verifying credit/debit cards or other means of payment.
- complying with Costa Rica Green Airways security, administration and legal requirements.
- verifying, maintaining and developing statistical analysis and systems of different kinds, such as Google Analytics.
- detecting and/or preventing fraud or similar activities of an illegal nature.
- providing added services, improving our services and the customer experience when using the Website or App.
- Statistical analyses of visits to the Website and the behaviour of users thereon.
- Geolocation through GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi networks,, IP address or similar technologies for greater personalisation of services via the Website or App.
- informing you, including by electronic means or mobile devices (push notifications), of any information, promotions and advertising that may be of interest to you in relation to Costa Rica Green Airways services, products, new features and other information. In the case of the newsletters that will be issued, these shall include products offered by Costa Rica Green Airways and operated thereby or by collaborating entities. If you do not wish to receive sales information by electronic means, you can unsubscribe via the link enabled for this purpose in the newsletters that you receive, by ticking the checkbox on the website enabled for this purpose, or through your user account.
Responsibility for veracity of the information
Users will in all cases be responsible for the truthfulness of the data provided and shall be responsible for notifying Costa Rica Green Airways as to any changes therein. Costa Rica Green Airways reserves the right to exclude from the registered services all users who have provided false or fraudulent data, notwithstanding any other actions applicable under the Law.
Costa Rica Green Airways shall not be held liable for the links on its Website and which refer to other websites belonging to third parties responsible therefor.
Costa Rica Green Airways App
Costa Rica Green Airways offers users a free App through which you can book flights or services on a mobile device (smartphone or tablet). The App processes or gathers certain user data in a similar manner to the Website, and stores the data on the device’s local storage. In addition to the above, Costa Rica Green Airways may gather data concerning the user’s location through GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi networks,, IP address or similar technologies to provide the user with information about the closest airport, operations, flight bookings, additional services or other informative or commercial communications via push notifications, providing the user has given their consent by way of their mobile device, which can be revoked at any time via said device.
Costa Rica Green Airways may also use location data for statistical purposes or to offer personalised promotions or services and establish anti-fraud policies.
Costa Rica Green Airways ensures the security and confidentiality of your transactions made through the Website or App and takes all necessary precautions to prevent any unauthorized access by third parties, taking into account the state of the art at all times.
We work continuously to fight fraud and identity theft in electronic transactions, using software and systems that help us detect potentially fraudulent behaviour and prevent recurrence thereof.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is essential for users to take basic precautions for their own security, and we especially recommend:
- Never disclose your account username or password to third parties.
- Change your password regularly and do not use common passwords (123456, qwerty, admin or similar) or which are easy to guess (your date of birth, surname, etc.).
- Log out and disconnect from your accounts (even social media) to prevent unauthorized access, especially if you connect via a device shared with others.
- Close the browser window.
7. Information on technical aspects
Costa Rica Green Airways shall not be held liable for any damage or prejudice which could be derived from interference, omissions, interruptions, computer virus, failure or disconnection of the telephone line during the operation of this electronic system motivated by causes external to Costa Rica Green Airways; delays or blockages in the use of this electronic system caused by deficiencies or overloads in its Data Processing Centre, telephone lines, Internet system or other electronic systems; nor damages that may be caused by third parties as a result of unlawful interference beyond the control of Costa Rica Green Airways. Furthermore, Costa Rica Green Airways shall not be held liable for any damage or prejudice which may affect the user as a result of errors, defects or omissions in the information provided by Costa Rica Green Airways whenever this comes from external sources. Nor shall Costa Rica Green Airways be held liable for inappropriate use of the service as a result of maintenance tasks, a defective configuration of the user’s computer equipment or insufficient capacity to support the computer systems necessary to use the services offered.
8. Intellectual and industrial property
Certain content accessible to users via the Website may be subject to intellectual and industrial property rights owned by Costa Rica Green Airways or third parties. Access to such content or elements via the Website does not give the user the right of alteration, modification, exploitation or reproduction, distribution or public communication or any other right corresponding to the owner of the affected right. The user undertakes to use the content and/or elements they access via the Website for their own use and needs and not to exploit them commercially, directly or indirectly, at any time.
9. Withdrawal and suspension of services
Costa Rica Green Airways has the right to withdraw or suspend, at any time and without notice, the provision of services to all users who breach these conditions of use.
10. Duration and termination
Provision of the services and information included on the Website have, in principle, an indefinite duration. Costa Rica Green Airways may terminate or suspend the provision of the service and/or any other element of the Website at any time. Whenever reasonably possible, users will be notified in advance as to the termination or suspension of the different services.
11. Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws
Any conflict or discrepancy arises in the interpretation or application of these Conditions of Use will be submitted to the competent Courts and Tribunals to consider such matters as they apply to consumers, in the place where such obligation is to be carried out or the purchasing party’s place of domicile.
All of the above without prejudice to the user’s right to approach their Consumer Arbitration Board.
If it involves a sale carried out by a Company, both parties, expressly waiving any jurisdiction that may otherwise apply, submit themselves to the Courts and Tribunals of Costa Rica.